Due to the pandemic;
- Ireland students are required to keep a 14 days restriction period, during this time, health officials might be coming to cheek up on each student, a fine of €2500 will be melted out if found defaulting. “The government’s advice.. anyone coming into the island whether it’s for essential or non-essential reasons should – not quarantine – but restrict their movements for 14 days. That’s staying at home, and only going out for essential supplies and for exercise. I see the terms ‘quarantine’ and ‘self isolate’ used incorrectly and regularly. The advice is to restrict your movements for 14 days and that’s for anyone coming into the island”
- The Irish government has been giving monetary relief of € 350 per week to international students who lost a part-time job in hospitality as a result of the Covid-19 pandemic.
- Ireland schools have laid out flexible lecture method options for you to consider once you arrive in the Republic of Ireland, you can;
- opt for blended.
- opt for online
- opt for in-class learning
with strict adherence to social distancing.
- Students have been projected to be saving close to € 4,000 off their living expenses as they opt for the blended method of lecture delivery.
- The canadian schools have proposed, strictly, an online lecture delivery method for the first semester after which all students will be permitted to travel to Canada in January.
- The UK embassy in Nigeria will be opening on the 28th of July and taking applications.
Due to the pandemic students will need to schedule an appointment, below is a number of things to note:
- Applicants are required to have their original copies as well as two-colored photocopies of each document.
- Applicants are required to present an extra colored copy of their passport pages (which makes it a totality of 3 copies for this particular document).
- Applicants are advised to get to the VFS office 2 hours before the scheduled time.
- Applicants will be made to pay a sum of 28,950 for visa charges which include the postal envelope and the courier services.
- Applicants should ensure that their ATM cards are in proper function because there will be NO CASH ACCEPTANCE !!! at the VFS office.